Most organizations now a days have a social presence on one of the main platforms out there like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. We understand the importance of social media and know that some of the content you post there also has a place on HootBoard or vice versa. That’s why starting today we have released our first social connector that integrates with your Twitter account so you can push content directly to all the channels HootBoard works on – web, mobile, newsletters, digital screen and interactive screens.
Save time and simplify your communication processes with connectors so you don’t have to double post! It’s as simple as including a trigger in your tweet and then your tweet will show up on your HootBoard.
Here’s a bit more how the integration works:
· Tweet to Hoot: post a hoot when you tweet to one of your boards.
· Hoot to Tweet (Coming Soon): create a tweet when you post a hoot
Here’s how to get started with Connectors:
1. Navigate to your Account
2. Click on Connectors
3. Select Twitter Connector
4. Click Connect to Twitter. You will be asked to authenticate your Twitter Account and then to authorize HootBoard to access it.
5. Create a Connector Trigger that will trigger y when you include this text in a tweet. For example,if your trigger is !hoot, whenever !hoot is included in your tweet, that tweet will be sent to HootBoard.
6. Select which board you would like your tweets to be posted to. Only one board can be selected at a time.
7. Next time you tweet or hoot, include your trigger and watch your post be added to HootBoard.
You might also like…
Our newsletter feature auto-creates newsletters for you so you don’t have to spend any extra time doing anything besides what you are already doing to add content to HootBoard. It will send out this email to all the members of your board and people you have invited to your board but haven’t yet joined to make sure they stay in the loop.
You can pin the most important comments taking place on a hoot to make sure they get extra visibility. It’s like having the ability to pin a really cool conversation to a flyer on a bulletin board.
Posting hoots on HootBoard has a brand new look! The new posting process makes it easier to post different types of information such as events, announcements, questions and more.
There is now an easy way to share posts between Hootboards. Rehoot is a powerful feature that allows you to take a hoot you find valuable on another HootBoard and post it to directly to your board. And of course vice versa!
Much like the name implies, pinning allows you to take any hoot and pin it to the top of your board. This is great to get extra visibility for that event taking place this week, promoting a sponsor’s post, or adding some guidelines to members of your board on how they should use the board.
Did you make a typo on your hoot? Need to change the date of an event? Don’t despair! You now have the ability to edit any post you make. Editing works exactly like the way you originally posted your hoot.
We have added a super easy way for you to invite posting members or followers to your board. With this new feature, anyone you invite has to simply accept your invitation.